The tougher economic conditions in 2016 make this year's Annual General Meetings even more crucial for listed companies.
They need to communicate clearly how they are navigating what is expected to be a difficult year, respond to shareholders' questions confidently and credibly, and build trust in institutional and retail investors.
If they do this well, shareholders will stay the course, and may even reward them by buying more shares.
If they don't, negative headlines and share sales by investors may result in their stock price falling further.
To help C-suite executives face investors, we are organising a workshop specially geared towards SGX Catalist and Mainboard-listed companies which usually do not have a strong media presence.
You will learn how to:
- Communicate a poor outlook (without running afoul of the exchange's continuous disclosure rules)
- Explain impairments, write-downs and other negative news
- Present your financial statements in an engaging, clear way
- Get support for your resolutions
- Win over skeptical shareholders
- Dealing with questions from difficult shareholders
09:30 - Welcome
09:40 - Best practice in staging Annual General Meetings
10:00 - Preparing presentation materials
10:15 - Key techniques for Chairmen & CEO presentations
10:30 - Managing shareholder Q&As
10:40 - Further details of "Ready for the AGM" workshops
10:50 - Your questions answered
Who should attend
- Corporate Communications staff
- Investor Relations Officers
Seats are limited, so booking is essential.
Visit http://hongbaomedia.com/agm.php or click on the link below ("Resource links") to book.