You've heard of co-working spaces, now co-living appears to be the in thing of this generation. There is rising demand for community living spaces due to low housing affordability.
Our shortlisted candidate for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019 in the Best Broadcast Interview category this week appeared was all about co-living spaces in Singapore.
Mindy Teo, the Deputy Managing Director of Lyf (pronounced "life"), talks about the rising trend of co-living and the influences behind it in her interview on Money FM 89.3.
The words "student dorm" and "hamster wheel" came up but these weren't the reasons we nominated her. You can see why she is on our shortlist for the reasons stated below:
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019 resumes with our third round of nominations in Singapore and Malaysia in the following categories:
- Best Broadcast Interview, in association with Meltwater
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation, in association with Dianomi
- Best Live Webcast, in association with The Streaming Company
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until November 30, 2019, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
Here are three observations on her performance:
- Numbers – Teo stated some numbers during her interview like ‘8 properties are in development now’ and 'we have 412 rooms in 279 apartments'. Adding percentage and numbers help make your interview more substantive.
- Flagging – Teo did exceptionally well with this technique. She flagged three key features of the living experience of Lyf properties. Flagging helps your audience to remember your points easily. shuttle to the 4-minute mark of the interview. Can you catch them?
- Example – Teo explained the different types of tenants and social events at lyf properties, such as the photography workshops, by providing examples. Examples help your audience visualise your point, which was particularly effective when she talked about the hamster wheel (which she says she personally tried and enjoyed).
Mindy gave a creditable performance and demonstrated excellent technical interview skills.
If you know Mindy Teo, share this article with her and congratulate her on being nominated for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
If you have what it takes, nominate yourself or your senior business leader for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019!