One gripping story to emerge from last week's Singapore International Cyber Week was the hacking of a personal financial literacy portal for women, which was held to ransom to the tune of $150,000.
But in telling her story, "The New Savvy" CEO Anna Haotanto also displayed a great deal of media savvy, which is why we have shortlisted her for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
Her entire interview on MONEY-FM revolved around how she first found out about the hack, and how she resolved the issue.
Scroll down to find out my reasons for nominating her in the category of Best Broadcast Interview, and listen for yourself by clicking on the link below.
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 resumes with our second round of nominations. At the same time, Hong Bao Media has launched the awards in Malaysia and fine-tuned the categories to:
- Best Broadcast Interview
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation
- Best Live Webcast
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until October 31, 2018, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
The interview demonstrates the power of stories.
- Descriptive details, in chronological order - She described specific details to allow her listeners to imagine themselves in her shoes. There was a cohesive flow to the conversation.
- Duration - The 17-minute duration of her interview substantiates a point I make frequently about the ideal length of a piece of content, that it should go for as long as it is interesting.
- Authenticity - Her concluding comments nailed why stories are so useful in getting your message across: "The power of being vulnerable, telling your story and being authentic about it".
This was an apt description not just for her interview, but is also a useful insight for local business leaders who are fearful of appearing in the media. Knowing where to draw the line between saying enough to win over your audience, and revealing too much, is a skill Anna also hinted at in her interview.
If you know Anna, share this article with her and congratulate her on her nomination for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
Click on the link below to nominate a senior business leader or yourself. Hurry, less than a month to go!