DHL Express in Malaysia is not just Aon Hewitt Asia Pacific’s best employer for four consecutive years; their Managing Director Christopher Ong isn't so shabby at media interviews either!
He appeared on The Edge TV and shared insights into how his company sustains investment and looks after its talent. And he tells a pretty compelling story.
He was confident and measured in his delivery, and I am shortlisting him for the Best Online Interview in Malaysia for this week's Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 for the reasons below:
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 resumes with our second round of nominations. At the same time, Hong Bao Media has launched the awards in Malaysia and fine-tuned the categories to:
- Best Broadcast Interview
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation
- Best Live Webcast
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until October 31, 2018, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
- Key message - As CEO, your key messages must be at the tip of your tongue. Ong managed to deliver his right from the get-go: Engaged employees, leading to great service quality, leading to loyal customers. Crisp, and easy to remember.
- Stories - Ong's story about a staff member who faced massive medical bills gives viewers a descriptive insight into how the company helps employees facing a "catastrophic emergency". Story-telling has become essential to win over audiences, but doing so well requires certain skills (ask me how).
- Candour - Overall, Ong handled the interview well. He came across as candid and authentic.
It was apparent that he was well-prepared and comfortable being in the media, making him a worthy nominee for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
If you know a senior local business leader who performs well in the categories above, click on the link below to nominate them.
And if you know Christopher Ong, share this with him!