FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kobe Technologies' Evangeline Leong for Best Broadcast Interview
DHL's Christopher Ong wins for Best Online Interview
Isabel Kum from SIRS takes Best Conference Presentation
Awards to recognise local senior business leaders for sophisticated media and communications skills
Aims to realise Hong Bao Media's vision of ensuring every Asian business leader is a world-class presenter
SINGAPORE, Friday, November 23, 2018 – Hong Bao Media, a leading provider of media and communications services founded by ex-CNBC anchor Mark Laudi, has today announced the winners of the second round of Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018, which recognises local business leaders for their media skills, and showcases skilled and credible home-grown communicators.
Notable in this round of the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 was the number of successful women business leaders who displayed a great deal of media savvy.
- Best Broadcast Interview: Evangeline Leong, Kobe Technologies
- Best Online Interview: Christopher Ong, DHL
- Best Conference Presentation: Isabel Kum, Singapore Institute of Retail Studies
Hong Bao Media is also announcing the winners of the inaugural awards in Malaysia. They are:
- Best Broadcast Interview: Eqhwan Mokhzanee, CEO, AmBank Islamic
- Best Online Interview: Martin Khor, Third World Network
- Best Conference Presentation: John-Son Ooi, EPIC Collective
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards will return in 2019, with additional features in the works for an even bigger award next year.
"All the shortlisted candidates of the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 demonstrate what we've known all along: that our local business leaders can be just as good communicators as their Western counterparts," said Hong Bao Media CEO and former CNBC anchor Mark Laudi.
"Our vision is to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian century.
"We saw 65 candidates nominated across Singapore and Malaysia, and we selected those who displayed greatest technical skills and confidence, but also authenticity and credibility in their performances," Laudi concluded.
All shortlisted candidates' nominations can be found at the official Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards website.
Hong Bao Media provides media solutions for corporate and government clients in the Asia Pacific and Middle East.
Our three core businesses are:
- Media skills and executive presence training and coaching for senior business leaders
- Live webcast production from our green screen studios, or on-location
- Active investments in a portfolio of blockchain and fintech start-ups
We operate two Integrated Communications facilities, one in Singapore's Central Business District and another in Kuala Lumpur's Central Business District. These consist of green screen television studios for on-camera recordings and webcasts, adjoining training facilities for small groups of senior executives.