Financial literacy for children is a breeze for media savvy Roslinda Mohd Solihin
Educating young children on personal financial is difficult for many parents.
But in discussing how to do that on Money FM 89.3, Roslinda Mohd Solihin, Head of Adoption Services and Senior Manager of Programmes at APKIM Resources and ACOSS, also showed off her media skills.
Which is why we have nominated her as our shortlisted candidate for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 this week.
As a member of APKIM Resources, a company that brings parenting and youth programs to the community, she nailed her broadcast interview on "Financial conversations with your kids 101" on Money FM 89.3.
Read on below for why we have nominated her for Best Broadcast Interview in Singapore.
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018 resumes with our second round of nominations. At the same time, Hong Bao Media has launched the awards in Malaysia and fine-tuned the categories to:
- Best Broadcast Interview
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation
- Best Live Webcast
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until October 31, 2018, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2018.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
- Examples - She provides substantial examples that are relatable to her target audience. She discussed apt scenarios on how children will react when parents approach their kids with such "serious talk".
- Authentic - She expresses herself very well. As a mother herself, she clearly speaks from experience, and she lets that shine through in a non-salesy way. But even as she was conversational, we did not hear awkward pauses and unwanted fillers like "hm" and "uhs".
- Humor - She engaged her audience and host Howie Lim through her breezy, and at times funny delivery. As a listener you will catch yourself nodding to her stories and laughing about them at times.
Listening to her interview you`ll learn both about financial literacy, and also how to bring the matter to life with flair.