A double-header nomination today!
Medtech startup Eko.ai beat almost 2,400 others from more than 120 countries to win the startup pitching competition SLINGSHOT at the Singapore Fintech Festival last week - and their pitching skills weren't just confined to the event.
Co-founder Carolyn Lam is also our shortlisted candidate for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019 in the Best Broadcast Interview category, after appearing on Money FM 89.3.
Appearing along side her, and equally deserving of nomination, was Lim Seow Hui, Director of Enterprise Singapore’s Startup Development Division.
Scroll down to find out why we nominated both of them.
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019 resumes with our third round of nominations in Singapore and Malaysia in the following categories:
- Best Broadcast Interview, in association with Meltwater
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation, in association with Dianomi
- Best Live Webcast, in association with The Streaming Company
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until November 30, 2019, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
Here are four observations on their performance:
- Structure - Seow Hui structured her answers well. She grabbed the listener’s attention right from the start with her flagging skills, such as when the interviewers asked about the criteria when it comes to judging the competition.
- Numbers - Throughout the interview, Seow Hui kept emphasizing numbers. Statistics can help substantive and visualize the scenario. For example, she talked about the growth in applications this year and shared that there were 70 investors across the world and 150 judges during the competition.
- Enthusiasm - Seow Hui seems audibly excited and passionate about SLINGSHOT, which was quite infectious her listeners. Carolyn’s enthusiasm is definitely one of highlights of this interview, she even won praise from the interviewers, Elliott Danker and Manisha Tank.
- Story - Both Seow Hui and Carolyn shared engaging stories - Seow Hui about the winner of last year's SLINGSHOT competition, and Carolyn with a personal story about how Eko.ai's CEO founded the company when he himself received ominous test results for heart disease, and had to wait weeks for a definitive diagnosis.
If you know Lim Seow Hui or Carolyn Lam, share this article with them and congratulate them on being nominated for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
If you have what it takes, nominate yourself or your senior business leader for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019! Click on the link below.