Job seekers are frequently told to stay relevant by updating their soft skills. But what about employers?
Recruiting is just as difficult if you are unable to communicate to prospective hires.
Our shortlisted candidate of the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019 in the Best Broadcast Awards this week appeared on CNA938 to talk about the top recruitment mistakes to avoid.
Crystal Lim-Lange, CEO of Forest Wolf and co-author of Deep Human, spoke about how employers should go about hiring the right staff.
Scroll down to see whether she has the right stuff for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
The Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019 resumes with our third round of nominations in Singapore and Malaysia in the following categories:
- Best Broadcast Interview, in association with Meltwater
- Best Online Interview, in association with Shootsta
- Best Conference Presentation, in association with Dianomi
- Best Live Webcast, in association with The Streaming Company
We launched the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards to recognise senior local leaders for their communications skills, and to showcase authentic and credible home-grown communicators.
These are shining examples for other local business leaders, and to build a culture of excellence in communication, to maximise the potential of Asian companies in the Asian Century.
Each week until November 30, 2019, we are shortlisting a local corporate figure who has demonstrated excellence in a media appearance for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
Click on the link below to enter yourself or another Senior Business Leader.
Here are three observations on her performance:
- Question - Crystal asked questions that sparked listeners' thinking throughout the interview. It's unusual to ask journalists questions during interviews, when they expect to be the ones to do the question asking. But done sparingly and to the right effect this can be quite a useful technique.
- Examples - She gave many examples throughout the interview, bringing in real life experiences and demonstrating soft skills.
- Stories - Crystal shared many stories, such as the one about a group of employees speaking a common language being an unconscious signal of exclusion. By giving those stories, she had listeners nodding their heads.
If you know Crystal Lim-Lange, share this article with her and congratulate her on being nominated for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019.
If you have what it takes, nominate yourself or your senior business leader for the Hong Bao Media Savvy Awards 2019!